Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Seminar Series – Protection, Prevention, Prosecution
Join us on Thursday 8 March for the first instalment of our new Modern Slavery series.
Part 1: Prosecuting Offenders, Protecting Victims
This first seminar will concentrate on issues arising in modern slavery and human trafficking prosecutions and topics include:
- Bringing a prosecution for slavery, servitude, forced compulsory labour or human trafficking
- The Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority’s role in enforcement
- Punishing offenders and compensating victims – sentencing under the Modern Slavery Act 2015
Joining members of 7BR on the speaking panel will be:
- Ian Waterfield – Director of Operations at the Gangmasters & Labour Abuse Authority
- Philippa Roberts – Director of Legal Policy at Hope for Justice
- Jamila Duncan-Bosu – Co-founder of the Anti-Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit
Date: Thursday 8 March 2018
Time: Registration from 5.30pm. Seminar begins at 6.00pm
Location: 7 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4BS
To book your place please email us.
Category: Events |